Welcome to Smethwick Photographic Society.
We are one of the UK’s largest camera clubs based in Smethwick, Birmingham. We hope you enjoy having a look around and welcome any feedback – please leave it using the form at the bottom of this page.
- MCPF Photofolio correction
- SPS Triumph @ MCPF Photopholio 2019
- Programme and events
- Members Annual and Rules – update
Gallery currently showing: Awarded images in the Members Annual Exhibition 2019 The images’ order is randomised.
Programme schedule and open competitions
Midland Mono is now closed.
Awards and images will soon be published HERE
This Week at SPS
Next Thursday 20th June we have a talk by Geoff Stone FRPS entitled “And now for something completely different”. Geoff said he will be covering the following:
- Come on a fantasy trip in time and space in my own TARDIS
- Monumental views and Roman Gladiators
- Dream the Impossible Dream
- Have a Close Encounter in Brum
- Visit the Garden in the Sky
- Meet “The Wild Bunch” and “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” – and Kevin
- Take part in the Great Grand Canyon Train Robbery
- Speed with the Red Arrows
- Take the Orient Express from Keswick to Mount Fuji
Also the club will be hosting the ‘new’ Midland Monochrome Exhibition from Friday 14th June until Sunday 16th June.
Doors: 7pm, programme begins at 8pm.
Entry fee: £3 for members, £4 for non members
One of Geoff’s images
Current Member Opportunities
- Members Annual Exhibition see members award images
- Results and images now showing for the Nature competition HERE
- The club monthly competitions are now completed and the full tables can be seen HERE
- We have a new competition for the whole of 2019 entitled ‘OUTDOOR BRITAIN’: landscapes, nature, gardens etc. Images must be taken in 2019 and will be judged next January. Full details can be found HERE, get snapping!
- Want to send new or updated member galleries? Have a look HERE for instructions.
Currently closed National / International Competitions
This website is sparkling new, and we welcome any feedback, especially if it helps us improve the site. You can enter it below. Thank you very much.