46th Smethwick International Exhibition of Photography
The 46th Smethwick International Exhibition of Photography, one of the UK’s Premier International Exhibitions, is now open for entry. Click through to the competition page here:
Entry closes in:
Welcome to one of the UK's largest photo clubs based near Birmingham, West Midlands.
Smethwick Photographic Society is a friendly and welcoming camera club with a varied programme for everyone.
Come along ‘virtually’ to our online Thursday lectures and workshops on Zoom while covid prohibits face-to-face meetings. Guests can purchase tickets or join us to make friends, be part of a great community and participate in our specialist groups and monthly member competitions.
Thanks to the efforts and dedication of its members, Smethwick PS has grown into a powerful stronghold located in its own premises in the Old Schoolhouse in Birmingham. Our aim is to encourage the enjoyment of photography and develop members’ skills whatever their level from novice to experienced, whether you have a compact camera, mobile phone or DSLR. We will be celebrating our 100th year in 2021!
Smethwick PS is the current UK FIAP exhibition centre, located at the Old Schoolhouse club house near Oldbury/Smethwick.
Thursday Night Lecture
SPS in a Nutshell
Opportunities and Results
- Entry for the Colour PDI Competition is now closed. Results will appear shortly.
- Awards of the recent ‘online’ Colour PDI (replacement for prints) Competition HERE
- All the images of the ‘online’ Colour PDI (replacement for prints) Competition HERE
- The results of the Nature Competition are now showing HERE
- You can see all the Nature images HERE
- Results of ALL the years monthly competitions can be found HERE
- Results of the Outdoor Britain Competition can be seen HERE
- Results of the 3rd and final PDI Competition HERE
- All the images in the 3rd PDI competition can be seen HERE
- Cumulative results for the members ALL competitions are shown HERE, this is the final table for the season 2019/2020
- Want to send new or updated Member Galleries? Have a look HERE for instructions.