Welcome to Smethwick Photographic Society.
We are one of the UK’s largest camera clubs based in Smethwick, Birmingham and our membership ranges from retired pros and keen amateurs to enthusiasts and novices. Based at the Old Schoolhouse in Oldbury, we offer a welcoming base across a diverse mix of people with the shared passion for photography. Thursday is our weekly club night, and we run several special interest groups. In addition, we run and host various national and international competitions.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Gallery now showing: Awarded images in the Mobile Phone Competition 2019. The images’ order is randomised.
You can see the results and tables HERE
This Week at SPS
This week, Thursday 30 January we have our, 3rd Colour Print Competition judged by Steve Clifford, AFIAP, CPAGB, BPE3.
Doors: 7pm, programme begins at 8pm.
Entry fee: £3 for members, £4 for non-members.
Image by Paul Smith, awarded 2nd in the previous Colour Print Competition novice section.
- CPAGB for Peter Herreaman
- FIAP World Cup 2019 Results
- PAGB 2019 Print Competition Results
- New Member Mike Price’s Gallery
Current Member Opportunities
- Entry is now open for the 3rd Colour Print AND the Outdoor Britain competitions, go to the entry system using the button in the right hand panel and you will be able to enter either or both competitions. Entry to the Colour Print competition will close on Sunday 26th January and the Outdoor Britain will close on Sunday 2nd February.
- 2nd PDI competition results can be seen HERE
- Results of the 2nd Mono Print competition now online HERE
- We have a new competition for the whole of 2019 entitled ‘OUTDOOR BRITAIN’: landscapes, nature, gardens etc. Images must be taken in 2019 and will be judged next February. Full details can be found HERE, get snapping!
- Want to send new or updated member galleries? Have a look HERE for instructions.
This website is designed to work for everyone and we welcome any feedback, especially if it helps us improve the site. You can enter it below. Thank you very much.