Welcome to Smethwick Photographic Society.
We are one of the UK’s largest camera clubs based in Smethwick, Birmingham and our membership ranges from retired pros and keen amateurs to enthusiasts and novices. Based at the Old Schoolhouse in Oldbury, we offer a welcoming base across a diverse mix of people with the shared passion for photography. Thursday is our weekly club night, and we run several special interest groups. In addition, we run and host various national and international competitions.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Gallery now showing: Awarded images in the 2nd Monthly PDI Competition. The images’ order is randomised and images containing full artistic nudity have been removed.
This Week at SPS
On Thursday 12th December we have Charles Ashton, ARPS,DPAGB, BPE3. The talk will cover street and travel photography. Having just acquired BPE3 and the acceptances to apply for EFIAP there will be an emphasis on images that have been successful in national and international salons. I will explain how I design my street shots and process them for impact. In the second half of the talk I will be showing a series of environmental portraits and other work from a recent trip to Indian and exploring the advantages and disadvantages of the Fuji medium format system including some large prints.
Doors: 7pm, programme begins at 8pm.
Entry fee: £3 for members, £4 for non-members.
One of Charles’s mono images
- FIAP World Cup 2019 Results
- PAGB 2019 Print Competition Results
- New Member Mike Price’s Gallery
- Warwick success report Photography News
Current Member Opportunities
- 2nd PDI competition results will appear very soon.
- Results of the 2nd Mono Print competition now online HERE
- Don’t forget, we have a ‘fun’ competition in December for images captured with your mobile phone — NO sections, Two categories;
‘Just for Fun’; ‘In it to Win it’. Submit your images NOW
- We have a new competition for the whole of 2019 entitled ‘OUTDOOR BRITAIN’: landscapes, nature, gardens etc. Images must be taken in 2019 and will be judged next January. Full details can be found HERE, get snapping!
- Want to send new or updated member galleries? Have a look HERE for instructions.
This website is designed to work for everyone and we welcome any feedback, especially if it helps us improve the site. You can enter it below. Thank you very much.