These terms and conditions govern the terms and conditions of your membership. Please read the document carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you have any questions please feel free to ask a member of our committee.
STARTING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- “Membership Year” means the 12 month calendar period from the 1st January in each year. You will need to pay an amount for your membership “subscription”, which covers the day that you join until the 31st December of that year.
- ‘We’ means Smethwick Photographic Society.
- You are required to enter your personal details on the online form
- Your membership will begin on the day of acceptance of your application to become a member and having paid the required amount of the subscription
- You can end your membership any time by giving at least one month’s notice in writing to the membership secretary. You are not entitled to enter the club if your membership has ended except as a visitor.
- We can end your membership any time by giving you notice in writing (including by way of email). For the avoidance of doubt, we are entitled to exercise our discretion to end your membership having regard to conduct considered to be unfitting.
- Memberships are not refundable or transferable.
- Members must be over the age of 18 years. You may be required to provide proof of your age. Children and those under the age of 18 years are not permitted to be members
- You must pay your membership fee annually in advance (in other words, every year for the year that follows)
- You (and all other members) must pay the relevant yearly subscription fee as soon as you are accepted for membership in one single payment.
CATEGORY OF MEMBERHIP
Current membership categories are as follows:
- Single Person Membership
- Joint (Spouse) Membership
- Senior Citizen (over 60) Membership
- Joint Senior Citizen (Spouse) Membership
- Unemployed Membership
- Student Membership (must have a student card)
We can request evidence to show that a member is in the correct category
- We will give you a membership card that you must use each time you enter the club house. We may refuse to allow membership holders to enter if they do not have their membership card.
- If you or anyone linked to your membership loses a membership card, we may charge you a fee to replace it.
- Your membership is personal to you and you cannot transfer it to another person. You must not lend your membership card to another person.
- There may be an extra charge for additional facilities and services. You can get information of the current charges from the club bar. Charges may vary from time to time. These are usually for lecture evenings and our group activities
- The committee reserves the right to increase prices annually.
CANCELLING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
In addition to any other express right to cancel, we may cancel your membership in the following circumstances.
- If you break or repeatedly break this membership agreement or the club rules and you do not or cannot put it right within seven days of us writing to you about it.
- If another person uses your membership card to get into the club.
- If you or your guest use rude or abusive language or threaten or use violent behaviour at the club house.
- If you act in a way which prevents other members from enjoying the club.
- We may at our discretion and with immediate effect cancel the membership of any member whose continued membership is in our opinion not in the interests of the club.
- If we end your membership for any of these reasons, we have the right to keep a proportion of the money paid under this agreement, to cover any reasonable costs we have had to pay. We will also not grant future applications for membership to Smethwick Photographic Society.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We do not accept liability for any loss, damage or injury as a result of using our facilities, unless caused by our negligence
- Failure to comply with your conditions of membership may result in your card and any membership benefits being withdrawn without any refunds of fees being made
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any change of contact / address details
- Parking is at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage as a result of parking at or near to the club house
- Personal belongings and valuables are left in club at your own risk