Welcome to our SPS online programme.
We run a weekly live online programme for members and guests. Members receive information through our regular weekly ‘This week at SPS’ mailshot (if you do not receive this, please contact Roger or John). Guests can purchase tickets below.
1. Guest Tickets
Please click ‘add to cart‘, scroll down again after the page refreshes and then click on the yellow ‘Checkout with PayPal’ button that appears as part of the checkout (also accepts all major credit/debit cards).
Once paid, you will receive two emails:
- one containing a download link (downloads automatically as Word Document) with the joining instructions and
- one containing the receipt.
– Thursday Evening Main club night –
– DIGITAL SKILLS SERIES –
Please note: if you do not receive the download link for your ticket within minutes of making the purchase and receiving the receipt, please check your spam folder. If you cannot find the ticket, please contact us.
2. Programme Schedule
The programme schedule for the coming months can be found HERE.
3. Zoom software
Meetings run on software called ‘Zoom’. This is free for all participants and easy to use. Government and universities use it, so it is tried and tested. Only membersand paying guests receive meeting info, meaning that the risk of ‘zoombombers’ joining in is near zero.
- When you have the ‘zoom’ app installed on your PC, laptop, iPad or phone, simply open the ‘zoom’ app on your device.
- In most case you can click on the full link to enter the meeting directly, otherwise you will be presented with a BLUE selection box where you will be invited to ‘Join Meeting’.
- Click on ‘Join Meeting’ where you will then need to enter your full name* , the Zoom Meeting ID and Password.
Summary Video instructions by Garry James
A brief video instruction has been prepared by our member Garry James and is entitled “How to join an SPS online meeting” which you can find by clicking HERE.
The video will open in a new browser page.
4. On the night
An online evening is structured as follows. Please consider etiquette during the lecture, where all members are kindly asked to mute their microphones and stop their videos. Generally lower left corner of your Zoom screen.
7.30pm – Zoom opens. Members can join from this time onwards and chat amongst themselves.
>> Everyone, please mute your microphone and stop your video <<
8.00pm – Welcome from the president John Holt.
8.05pm – Programme starts.
>> Please resist the temptation to write comments or chat during the presentation <<
>> When the speaker finishes the talk, everyone will be automatically un-muted <<
Approx. 9.30pm – Club’s thanks to the speaker. Updates from John and Roger & Judith.
Approx. 9.40pm – Members can continue to talk amongst themselves if they wish